Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday Night Pork Chops

 Sprinkled with chili powder, salt, and pepper...
 Cooked in a very little bit of Canola oil...
and served alongside some steamed broccoli and beans warmed with Tony Chachere's seasoning.

One word of warning:  I am forever trying to figure out exact cooking times to get to my level of doneness, and I took these off the heat just a tad early, requiring a spin in the microwave to get the centers white...

Good rule of thumb for chicken and pork - it's probably going to take 8 minutes to cook through on the grill or in the pan or in the fryer...maybe 4 minutes on a press grill like in the Sunday steak post.

A word about that pan - it's a small All-Clad deal, stainless inside and out, and it's awesome.  My sister gave it as a Xmas gift this year, and I've already used it more than 10 times.  I have cabinets FULL of non-stick (high quality non-stick, mostly Calphalon Pro), and I'm really digging the metal vibe from this pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment