- Score the fresh pork belly through the fat with a sharp knife
- Mix up a rub. The one featured here included fennel, cayenne, fresh garlic, parsley flakes, salt&pepper, and a generous amount of olive oil
- Rub it all into those cuts
- 15 minutes or so in a ~ 500 degree oven to get it crisping
- An hour to two hours in the same oven ~ 325
When served there will be a serious mix of textures and flavors. The flesh touching the pan will brown to a crunch; the meat will be tender and juicy; the fat will be soft. If you prefer "cracklin'" fat, leave it in at 500 longer.