Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Not so fast...

I realized after posting the baked eggs bit that I've given pretty short shrift here to the breakfast meal.

The basic diet model that I'm following from the 4-Hour Body agrees with your mom that breakfast is important.  The book specifically suggests that you should eat your breakfast early, and it too should be heavy on the protein and very light on the carbs.

 This interim step from today's breakfast shows another short-cut I've been taking lately: I warm the beans in the left over bacon fat after the bacon is good and crispy.
Then I fry the eggs in the same pan in the same residual bacon fat / bean goo.  Again, like the last post, this is about kitchen efficiency and covering the basics, not necessarily about creating a showcase for my culinary skills...

No comments:

Post a Comment