Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Leftovers

I try to buy all of meat fresh, but particularly the beef.  I do freeze some for later use, but I try to cook a day or two's worth of steak while the beef is fresh.  The picture shows a couple of shortcuts I've started taking with my "leftover" meat - beef or chicken or pork I cooked yesterday and stuck in the 'frig*.

Basically, I cut the beef up into little chunks and dropped them into the pot with the canned beans to warm at the same time.  When they are warmed through, I lay the mix across some fresh spinach - the heat from the meat and beans helps wilt the spinach a little.  This method is not my preference for creating a specific flavor mix or visually appealing plate (I would not serve this to others at a dinner party) but it's a quick fix and dirties only one pan.

__________________________________________________________________________________
*I know from past experience that AdanA does not care for the abbreviated forms of the word "refrigerator", in particular "fridge" - knowing this and being also aware that AdanA currently represents ~ 20% of my readership, I'm throwing him a bone here with a shot at a more correct shortening of the word...we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. My remorse overwhelms me. That I have burdened you with such pettiness saddens me so.

    I don't recall where I was in this grand and ever-incomplete journey of maturation when I made that ill-considered remark. Please: pay me no mind, call your icebox whatever the frig you like!

    ReplyDelete