Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tilapia Tacos

We must be on a roll over here, cooking at home and making fun and fresh meals to boot.

Tonight, we made a new (to us) version of fish tacos. We cut up some tomatoes, onion, and cilantro, and added a splash of lime for some pico de gallo, and I blended up some more cilantro, with a good bit of garlic, salt, and some olive oil to make a sauce.

 We also sliced some fresh avocado and limes for additional layers of topping and depth of flavor.

The tilapia I seasoned with salt, pepper, and chili powder and browned in my cast iron pan (just a very little bit of olive oil in the pan), cooking for about 6 minutes total.


 The Fresh Market had some nice looking taco-sized tortillas in both yellow and white corn varieties, so I got some of both.
 The tacos came together well, and while a little messy to eat, I would definitely serve this meal to friends and family.  Between bites we discussed how some jalapenos or other spicy addition might be welcome for some.
I really like cooking at home when it works out this well.

No comments:

Post a Comment